Praying for our area schools
As Greenville County Schools start back today, and our homeschool and private school families are returning to the classroom in the coming days as well, here are eleven things to commit to pray for our local schools:
- Ask God to help our church find ways to serve area schools and through that service be able to serve members of our community in tangible ways.
- Pray for open doors for Christian teachers and staff members in the school to be able to share the gospel with other faculty and staff at their school.
- Ask God to give opportunities for Christians in the school to share Christ with students in the school.
- Pray for Christians in the school to be an encouragement and support to one another, helping one another follow Christ faithfully.
- Pray for our homeschool families, asking God to give them wisdom as they invest in their kids education in this way, and praying for their work to bear fruit in the lives of their children.
- Ask God to give the teachers at our area schools wisdom and discernment, and pray that they would be effective in teaching what needs to be taught.
- Pray for the safety of everyone at our schools, asking God to protect them in this school year.’
- Pray for those who set the curriculum and guidelines for the school system. Ask God to place his people in those positions, so that the schools would teach in accordance with what is sound and right.
- Ask God to enable student groups like FCA, Christian Released Time, Good News Clubs, and other Christian organizations in the schools to be a positive witness for Christ.
- Pray for the principals of your school by name. Ask God to guide them this school year, and pray for them to know and follow Christ.
- Ask God to continually bring these things to mind, so that you will regularly pray for our schools and look for ways to encourage our students.
Bert Watts has served since December 2016 as the Senior Pastor at Mountain Creek Baptist Church, where he has been on staff since 2012.